Our safety settings here at The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort adjust in line with the Cook Islands and New Zealand Government Alert Levels, guidelines, and mandates. The Cook Islands Ministry of Health and the New Zealand Ministry of Health coordinate their COVID response.
Cook Islands extends entry to vaccinated 5 year olds +
Effective immediately, all people from New Zealand of any age who are fully vaccinated are permitted entry into the Cook Islands.
This means children five years of age and over, once vaccinated are welcome.
Everybody must have 14 days post their second shot to be fully vaccinated.
Every visitor must also have a negative PCR Covid test from an accredited facility to be permitted entry.
Requirements for Travel from Rarotonga to Aitutaki
1. Full vaccination - either a Vaccination Certificate or My Vaccine Pass.
2. Negative Rapid Antigen Test taken on the day of departure - except for those transiting. Passengers can come throughout the day of departure and get their tests done. If you have an early departure please add extra time to your check in time to complete your tests. There will be a charge for the test.
3. Unvaccinated (e.g. children under 12yrs) must apply for an exemption email TMO.email@example.com
4. Everyone is required to wear masks inflight.
The vaccination rate of those aged 12 and over in the Cook Islands is over 96%. Access to the resort is restricted to fully vaccinated people only, whether local or visitors. All our staff are fully vaccinated.
- We would also welcome and appreciate your co-operation with the following health & safety measures:
- We encourage guests and staff to wear face masks, particularly when interacting within one metre. However wearing a face mask is not mandatory at the resort for guests or staff.·
- Your consideration in limiting unnecessary close contact within one metre with staff and others is kindly requested, for example:
please open all doors and windows to your accommodation (and turn off air-conditioning) and wait outside while room attendants clean your guestroom.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough into your arm.
- Use the Cook Safe and Cook Safe+ contact tracing apps or manually sign on whilst in the Cook Islands. Please tag in each time you enter Reception or the Bar & Restaurant.
- If you feel sick, please stay in your room and immediately contact Reception by dialling 5000. We will organize a Rapid Antigen Test for you with results within an hour and liaise with the Cook Islands Ministry of Health for any necessary medical assistance.
For further information click here for the Cook Islands Government Covid-19 Response Website
For those guests that booked on non-refundable rates prior to the border closure on 27 March 2020, regardless of your planned travel dates, we are pleased to offer the following special additional considerations, without penalty or change fee and subject to availability:
a) You can change your dates of travel up until 31 March 2023; or
b) You can transfer your booking to another person. This name change must be advised in writing to the Resort no later than 30 days prior to intended travel.
If you have any questions about your current or future booking, please contact us as follows;
The Rarotongan Beach Resort or Sanctuary Rarotonga;
Telephone: +(682) 25-800
Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort;
Telephone: +(682) 31-200
We look forward to welcoming all our guests back to the Cook Islands from 13 January 2022 and meantime wishing you a very Happy New Year from all of us at The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach (adults-only) and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort (adults-only).