I am reaching out to you today on behalf of our beautiful sister resorts here in the Cook Islands, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island, to assure you that in times of uncertainty surrounding travel, that your safety and wellbeing, and those of our staff, remain our highest priority.
We understand that you may be experiencing anxiety given the fast-changing regulatory and government environments including rapid changes to travel restrictions and cancelled or postponed public events. We want you to know that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive.
Currently, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 Coronavirus in the Cook Islands. The Cook Islands Government Ministry of Health (Te Marae Ora) is working with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministries of Health of Australia and New Zealand in following international protocols to manage this crisis. Around the Cook Islands these international protocols are being followed by resorts, restaurants and our island community to assure the health and safety of our visitors and residents alike.
Caring for our Guests & Staff
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and staff is always a top priority at our Resorts, and even more so today. We remain committed to upholding high standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit our Resorts.
Our Resorts have implemented the WHO and Cook Islands Ministry of Health guidelines detailing how to best protect against transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus, including implementing hand sanitizer stations, more frequent cleaning of high-touch areas and maintaining a safe social distance. Our Resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and public area cleaning procedures.
We will continue closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and will respond based on the advice of the Cook Islands Government Ministry of Health and WHO.
We’re Here to Help
Should you be reconsidering your travel plans; we are pleased to be able to offer you the following special concessions to enhance the flexibility of your options. Please contact your travel agent, airline or government to confirm the latest information regarding your travel plans.
If you choose a non-refundable rate, this is not be refundable. You are advised to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities.
If you choose a flexible rate, the cancellation period has been reduced from 30 days to 7 days for reservations made by 31 March 2021.
We are at the ready to assist you with your special requirements. Should you wish to defer your travel dates, please email us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as applicable.
Thank you for your support and your loyalty as we all face this challenge to humanity together. We recognize that these are unsettling times and whether you are travelling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our priority.
- Face masks for guests available
- Thermometers for guests provided by property
- Access to health care professionals
- First aid kit available
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Mobile app for room service
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
- Contactless check-in/check-out
Cleanliness & disinfecting
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- Delivered food is securely covered
- Breakfast takeaway containers
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas