Sanctuary Rarotonga - on the beach is a boutique resort that is part of a family of resorts including sister resorts The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort.
WHAT WE ARE
We genuinely believe that we can best meet your expectations of your stay with us, if the expectations of your experience are well aligned with what we offer.
Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga is a unique boutique, adults-only resort for guests aged 16 years and over.
- Probably Rarotonga’s best located adults-only resort, because our stretch of Aroa Beach is secluded and away from busy, hotel district stretches of beach elsewhere on the island.
- Sanctuary Rarotonga is set on the island’s southwest coast, ideal for all-day sunshine and sizzling tropical sunsets.
- Set directly on Aroa Lagoonarium which offers the island’s best off-beach, all-tide snorkelling in a sheltered marine sanctuary.
- Here at Sanctuary Rarotonga your stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking and snorkelling are all included, atno extra charge, so you can enjoy them at your leisure, along with tennis, gym and games lounge facilities.
- Sanctuary Rarotonga is the only adults-only resort on the island with a swim-up pool bar. Great for chillaxing on your tropical island holiday with a cold beer or long cool tropical cocktail.
- Our Beachfront and Beachside Suites at Sanctuary Rarotonga are set directly on the expansive white sands of Aroa Beach, either on absolute beachfront or beachside with partial lagoon views. The entire resort is set on a maximum of two levels.
- The Sanctuary offers a warm, authentic Polynesian feeling for those who appreciate a true South Pacific experience, complete with rattan walls, thatched roofs, black pearl shell listello tiles in the bathrooms and traditional Polynesian tattoo patterns tiled into the walkways.
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach is perfect for couples seeking an intimate, tranquil ambience around the pool, in the restaurant and on the beach.
- Ideal for honeymoons, romantic getaways, weddingmoons, babymoons, milestone events such as birthdays or anniversaries and group conferences and incentives.
- Set right next to Rarotonga’s iconic signature resort, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium. The Rarotongan offers both family-friendly facilities such as the Moko Kids Club, and extensive conferencing and function facilities, plus a wide range of accommodation categories for all styles of traveller, thus making the co-location of the two resorts ideal for larger family groups, wedding groups, special event groups and conference groups.
- Guests of Sanctuary Rarotonga enjoy full access to all of the facilities and services next door at The Rarotongan, including Rarotonga’s best lagoonfront dining at the recently upgraded Captain Andy’s Beach Bar & Grill.
- Arguably Rarotonga’s best value for money adults-only resort.
- Sanctuary Rarotonga is the right size to offer the best blend of peaceful intimacy combined with access to a wide range of dining and activity options, right on the island’s best beach, Aroa Beach.
WHAT WE ARE NOT
Our aim is always to please. And in our experience, the best way to achieve your satisfaction is to ensure that your expectations are in line with what we have to offer you. We have three beautiful sister resorts which each offer something special and unique. Unique from other resorts in the Cook Islands. And unique from other resorts anywhere in the world. To ensure that you book the sister resort which is best for you , we believe you might find it helpful to be clear not just on who we are, but on who we are not:
- We are not a resort with a minimalist white-concrete aesthetic. We offer a warm Polynesian feeling for those who appreciate a more authentic South Pacific experience, complete with rattan lined walls, thatched roofs, black pearl shell listellos in the bathrooms and traditional Polynesian tattoo patterns tiled into the walkways.
- We are not a resort in the Third World with hundreds of staff on hand. This is not the place for snap-your-fingers service. Our team are friendly and happy to be of service to ensure you enjoy your holiday with us.
- We are not a child friendly resort. We are a resort for guests aged 16 and over who enjoy a quiet and peaceful ambience around the pool, in the restaurant and on the beach.
- We are not a nightlife and entertainment resort destination. Our restaurant offers an intimate, tranquil dining experience to enhance romance. There are many night spots around the island to enjoy.
- We are not a resort which marks rates up to give travel agents big commissions to win your booking. We offer fair, transparent pricing.
- We are not a large, busy high-rise resort with 8 restaurants. We are a secluded, adults only, boutique resort at just two stories high with a private beach, swimming pool, swim-up bar and restaurant.
- We are not pay-as-you-go when it comes to activities. Here at Sanctuary Rarotonga your stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking and snorkelling are all included so you can enjoy them at your leisure.
- We are not for the indecisive. With the current covid situation, we have relaxed our terms & conditions to allow cancellation or change of dates right up to 72 hours prior to arrival, with no fees or penalties, which offers our guests incredible peace of mind. We encourage guests to take out travel insurance as part of being a wise traveller.
- We are not in the middle of a large country with easy access to a wide range of supplies. We are on a remote island in the middle of the vast Pacific Ocean where there can be limited availability of supplies from time to time due to shipping constraints.