Sanctuary Rarotonga - on the beach is a boutique resort that is part of a family of resorts including sister resorts The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort.
What we are not
Our aim is always to please. And in our experience, the best way to achieve your satisfaction is to ensure that your expectations are in line with what we have to offer you. We have three beautiful sister resorts which each offer something special and unique. Unique from other resorts in the Cook Islands. And unique from other resorts anywhere in the world. To ensure that you book the sister resort which is best for you , we believe you might find it helpful to be clear not just on who we are, but on who we are not:
- We are not a resort with a minimalist white-concrete aesthetic. We offer a warm Polynesian feeling for those who appreciate a more authentic South Pacific experience, complete with rattan lined walls, thatched roofs, black pearl shell listellos in the bathrooms and traditional Polynesian tattoo patterns tiled into the walkways.
- We are not a resort in the Third World with hundreds of staff on hand. This is not the place for snap-your-fingers service. Our team are friendly and happy to be of service to ensure you enjoy your holiday with us.
- We are not a child friendly resort. We are a resort for guests aged 16 and over who enjoy a quiet and peaceful ambience around the pool, in the restaurant and on the beach.
- We are not a nightlife and entertainment resort destination. Our restaurant offers an intimate, tranquil dining experience to enhance romance. There are many night spots around the island to enjoy.
- We are not a resort which marks rates up to give travel agents big commissions to win your booking. We offer fair, transparent pricing.
- We are not a large, busy high-rise resort with 8 restaurants. We are a secluded, adults only, boutique resort at just two stories high with a private beach, swimming pool, swim-up bar and restaurant.
- We are not pay-as-you-go when it comes to activities. Here at Sanctuary Rarotonga your stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking and snorkelling are all included so you can enjoy them at your leisure.
- We are not for the indecisive. With the current covid situation, we have relaxed our terms & conditions to allow cancellation or change of dates right up to 72 hours prior to arrival, with no fees or penalties, which offers our guests incredible peace of mind. We encourage guests to take out travel insurance as part of being a wise traveller.
- We are not in the middle of a large country with easy access to a wide range of supplies. We are on a remote island in the middle of the vast Pacific Ocean where there can be limited availability of supplies from time to time due to shipping constraints.